Thursday, November 20, 2008

Gautham slams critics...

And how? Take a gander from the Sify.com/movies/tamil interview...

Some scenes like Surya going to US with his father’s consent to find Sameera seems illogical. Please comment?
It’s my story and my dad did that! He supported me to go and chase my love and let me clarify that in the film, Surya’s dad did not fund his trip to US but after finishing his duties as a son, he takes permission and goes on his own. I wonder why a section of people did not understand that. And I read someone writing that my hero was sent on a tour by his parents instead of treating him for drug addition! Well, let me tell you that my characters are etched from real life people and there have been cases of people getting out of drug addiction due to parental support and love.

When a hero flies 15 feet high in the air and then hits a train in a recent superstar film, people did not say it was illogical. But why are they saying that when my hero goes to US to chase his love, it is illogical??


The answer: Guess who just shot at Dharani's flopbuster, Kuruvi? Witty Dig I should say. Me thinks it has to do with when he intially approached Vijay to do a film together, but after Vijay heard the script, he offered him a "Thirupachi" DVD to watch and copy the sentiments from that into his script! The irony here is that Ajith, who WAS to do a film with Gautham for Sivaji Productions, had sacked him for Dharani instead!

Moral of the story: This is why one is living in ivory towers doing ridiculous films while the other gives good films by acclaimed actors.

No comments: